Sunday, April 15, 2007

r.i.p. noho dq

This evening I spent some time in North Hollywood. Before meeting a friend I was planning to stop at the Dairy Queen, because I couldn't bear the thought of being near it and then not enjoying it! Especially since I complain about how inconvenient they are, and this is the only real DQ I know of in these parts (the rest are ones that share space with Orange Julius in malls).

Well, guess what. I get there and find that DQ is no longer. In its place is one of those damn overpriced yogurt shops. My heart was too broken to even bother giving them a chance, but I have to say they had more interesting flavor choices (including raspberry-pomegranate) than the other places I've seen.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra Frank. said...

I'm not coming to L.A. this summer.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Ridiculous Authenticity said...

Fair enough.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw come on...it was a total ghetto DQ anyway...

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This puts me in mind of the best haiku I ever wrote:

hey there, what's shakin'?
you goin' to the d.q.?
get me a blizzard.

Please don't weep; you'll only embarrass me.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home