Tuesday, May 08, 2007

an update

All right, so I sort of went with my plan. I decided to go to Chinatown to buy a parasol (I just can't take the sun anymore), get some take out from a Chinese restaurant that isn't Panda Express (Yang Chow), and hit the Chinatown branch of the library for some DVDs.

I park, and as I'm walking to Yang Chow's I notice that all the elderly people walking around have umbrellas--not one had a pretty parasol that I was hoping to buy. So when I went to a shop and asked about one, the lady opened it for me but told me that the umbrellas she has will block UV light (the parasols are also a lot smaller, perhaps designed for children). So I bought a $5 umbrella instead.

Now I own two umbrellas in a city that almost never sees rain. See, my other one is black, which I think is a bit of a hazard when you're trying to block the sunlight. This one is silver and has a large handle which makes it more practical. Walking around I still felt hotter than hell, but hopefully if I keep with the damn thing my skin will stop itching from all the sun exposure.

I bought Music & Lyrics, and each DVD comes with a voucher for a free ticket to see Lucky You. Earlier I looked into seeing that since it's playing other places besides Arclight, but I thought $8 (the cheapest matinée ticket I could find) was too much for it. Looks like I've got a plan for tomorrow! That's a deal. $15 for a DVD and a movie theater viewing. Kinda like when I went to see Music & Lyrics and got the soundtrack for free.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra Frank. said...

I'd kill for some Panda Express. They don't know what orange chicken is here.

4:15 PM  
Blogger cornflower23 said...

Drew Barrymore is a cheap whore.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a darling parasol collecting dust.

And you have a large silver umbrella.

This picture is crooked.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home