Wednesday, May 09, 2007

not even worth the price of admission

As I reported yesterday, I went to see Lucky You today for free. It was unbelievably bad. With writing and directing talent behind the screen and recently pretty decent talent in front of it, you just have to wonder what the hell went wrong. It was the most boring shit you can't even imagine. Every damn cliche in the book. Thank god I watched a few episodes of Celebrity Poker Showdown back when it was all the rage or I wouldn't have had a clue what was happening in the movie. And to top it off, there's even a sequence of Eric Bana playing (speed) golf--for a bet, of course! The acting was atrocious, especially Drew Barrymore's performance. And Bana was perhaps a notch above Hulk days, but his hockey hair was too distracting.

Oh and one of the themes was some sort of pathetic attempt to historicize the momentary popularity of professional poker in 2003. Seriously.

The most exciting part of the movie was when some creepy, middle-aged man entered the theater near the end, stood at the door directly behind my seat, and burped a couple of times.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra Frank. said...

I haven't even seen it and I want my money back!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Ridiculous Authenticity said...

I wish I could give it to you.

4:37 PM  
Blogger cornflower23 said...

Drew Barrymore is a cheap whore.

11:27 PM  
Blogger cornflower23 said...

um...haha...not really!
But yeah, heard that movie SUCKED! How long did they hold it back? Wasn't it supposed to come out well over a year ago?

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is terribly unfortunate.

curtis hanson has failed me?

8:10 AM  
Blogger Ridiculous Authenticity said...

Yes, I'm so disappointed in Curtis Hanson. I should have titled this blog "unlucky me." I also couldn't believe there were 10 other people in the theater at the time.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Ridiculous Authenticity said...

It still makes me laugh to read about the guy burping on me.

(For the record, one of my all time pet peeves is when people burp and don't excuse themselves. He definitely didn't excuse himself.)

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home