Monday, February 13, 2006

disappointment is all around us

Yesterday I finally got my act together and went to Ticketbastard to get my ticket for Nada Surf for next week. And guess what? It's sold out. Unbelievable. They don't even play D.C. but play this shithole place in Baltimore (the 8x10) on my birthday noless, yet they sell out L.A. People warned me, I have to admit. Well, I'll check around as we get close and see what I can find, but it's ultimately not the end of the world. It would have been nice to see them play a full set, but I'll live.

Soon after that fiasco, I stepped into a Target for the first time since my boycott. I didn't buy a thing, but I'm sorry to say that Anna did. She went for the Choxie chocolates they've apparently been advertising like crazy (which I haven't seen). When I asked if it was worth it, she told me no and that she wouldn't be able to sleep because her womb would protest. And it should.

On the bright side, traffic was almost nonexistent (in the relative sense) on my way home this evening. That was unbelievable.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the Eagle Rock Trader Joe experience? That's blogworthy...

10:11 PM  
Blogger Ridiculous Authenticity said...

You mean how I learned that I'm not really flirting when I think I am? I totally should have tested it out on that guy, but alas, my weird censor kicks in. God knows I would have gone on about his hands on the blog, but say something cheeky (that isn't even crude) to his face? Never.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home